Sunday, June 27, 2021

My 3ft Wreath

Pictured above is my new 3ft wreath I made. We decided that this year, we would commit to one tree, the one in the basement. If I get up a second, fine, but I'd we head into the holidays with little to no time, I would rather focus on time with the boys than decorations. I  decided a while ago I  wanted a big wreath to take the place of the missing tree in the window. I looked up 3ft wreaths and you're going to break $100 if you buy one already made. Today I spent $6 out of pocket.

Jake and I went to the dollar store and bought a hula hoop and 2 pool noodles. I popped the hula hoop open, poured out the stuff that makes noise, and slid the noodles on. I could have made the wreath bigger had I left the noodles intact, but I wanted the wreath to fit in the frame of my window, so I cut off a portion. I used packing tape to secure the noodles in place. Then I dug out some garland. I used a cheaper dollar store kind for filler and then 4 or 5 (I can't remember) of the green stuff with the branches that resemble an artificial tree. The pics I had bought at the dollar store last year. I had a bunch of lights from last year, and the ribbon was kicking around.

Even if I had bought all of these items (some I will need to replace) it would have still come I'm at less than $50 (based off the price I paid for all the items) Good project done, and I think it looks great. Pictures of the process below!

Mama Bear Out 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...