Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 14

Full disclosure, I don’t think I was mentally prepared for how much I was taking on with this series this year, having JUST gone back to work and having not one but two kids now. I don’t think I expected it to be as much as it has been. I’m happy to be back working, but the reality is, by the time I get home, and get my little monsters into bed, I want to relax. The thought of filming and editing a video exhausts me. So going forward, I will not be setting a scheduled vlog. Instead, if one springs up, awesome. I may not even stick to the schedule, instead give you raw, this is what we’re doing posts. 
So Halloween, it was a big hit, and we had a very happy little first time trick-or-treater. He’s a tad unhappy with me right now because the Halloween and fall décor is packed away (it makes me with I was this good at packing away Christmas too, but there is a LOT more of it). 

We also FINALLY got out to our back yard and packed up Summer. We still had our pool, BBQ and fir pit out and it was time. We also got into the shed, and if I’m being honest, we have never just completely emptied the shed since we moved in. And we still haven’t. However, we did dig a little deeper in this year, and discovered 3 HUGE bags of deicing salt, so jackpot. We still have a cooler on the deck and a couple of other things, but nothing that should take more than 30 min. 

I have also started Christmas shopping. Santa is covered for both boys. One little tip I will add in here, from previous experience, check the items when you get them, especially if assembly is required. The reason I stress this, Jake’s second Christmas, he got an easel (which he’s really only just started using). When we built it Christmas eve AFTER he went to bed, we discovered that part was damaged. Luckily not to the point of not being able to use it, and he was young enough to not even notice. His gift this year has a LOT of parts, and I spent a good 20 min last night checking that all the parts where accounted for and in good condition. I did the same with Brocks, and it was a bit of a breath of fresh air when I saw how much easier it was going to be to assemble. I also almost have my nephew done, because I do a Christmas Eve box for him, and I need his PJ’s and treat at this point. I ordered a gift for my in-laws, who promptly told me not to go crazy (I was good I promise). And I have a gift for Cale. 

I also picked up our Christmas lights. I was so anti LED lights for so long, we have always had C9’s on our house. I did so much legwork this year and found LED lights that look like the C9’s. I made the plunge, because I would like to reduce my power bill, and not have to replace our lights EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
My hope is if the weather allows, our lights will go up this weekend (up not on). 
On the note of up not on, with Covid last year, I struggled to find a poppy for Remembrance Day. I am excited to share I already found them a couple of places, now I just need to go somewhere and get cash…
Anyway, this is what I have been working on 
Mama Bear out! 
-Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...