Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 13


I know, I know, I have dropped the ball on the vlogs. Honestly, I have filmed them, but when I see the finished product, I hate them. Here’s hoping I can fix that in the coming weeks, simply because it will be getting a lot more focused in less than 2. 
Anyway, what have I been up to? Gifts, décor, and more. So let’s start with gifts. I have had to rein myself in. For the sake of my budget and future sanity. I had to tell myself to chill out when it came to the kids. I feel like when it comes to the kids, we can all go overboard, and this was me with my own, and my nephew too. I reeled it in, because I know how my brother and sister in-law like to keep it a little more minimal with him, and truth be told, I prefer to keep it simple. So, I have the narrowed down plan for the gifts for the kids. I have something for hubs, and plans for everyone else.
Décor. I get an itch this time of year, to dive right in to my decorations. Truth be told, I love my Fall stuff too, so I’m torn. To satisfy the itch, I plan. I sometimes go in and do an inventory of my décor, but I did that as I packed away last year. I planned out some stuff though. My tree goes where it goes, but I planned out what goes where on my bookshelves, and my TV stand, and THIS year our TV stand has a fireplace, so that was a fun one to play with. I’m also making a shopping list. We’re taking the plunge and finally going for the LED lights. Also I made my 3ft wreath over the summer, so that used up some of my garland. I am watching for that to go on sale. It’s typically lights and garlands I need. I don’t really look at other stuff too much because I do have a pretty good sized collection, and being a Christmas lover, you can’t tell me that my kids won’t get or make me stuff over the years, it’s gonna get bigger. 
The topic I was ACTUALLY planning to talk about was toiletries. I feel like this has become a little more prevalent because of the toilet paper hoarding we have seen during the pandemic, but this is the time I like to grab an extra pack of paper towel, toilet paper, hand soap, things like that. These are the items that you NEED, and tend to be forgotten. So I have my Christmas toilet paper stash, deal with it! 
That’s what I have been up to
-Mama Bear Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...