Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 10

I know this is a day late, and written, but we had a pretty major hiccup last week. Jake had a covid test, and we isolated. Where I wasn’t working you may think that I had more time to do these posts, this is not the case. When I work, I have times I can take to make sure that I get the time to record and edit. A Vlog takes a minimum of 3 hours for me, while I can fire out a blog in about 20 min if I know what I want to say. Thankfully, when we finally got the test results back (super backlogged) it was negative, I just had some snotty kids with a cold. Things are still a little screwy with us getting back into the swing of things, my goal is to have a vlog later this week, but no promises.  
One thing that we did while we were isolating to entertain Jake was make his Christmas list. I mentioned in a previous post that I had been brainstorming all year for him, but this was his list he made. It’s the first time he made the list himself. I gave a little help when he would get stumped but for the most part this was all him. Brock will have no sweet clue what is happening, so I’ll be referring to the brain storms I did for him. 
Just a quick rundown of how I shop for the kids, because I don’t want to go too overboard. I talk about my two all the time, but another important kid on my list is my nephew too, so I will talk about my plan for him too. For my two, They will each have their one gift from Santa, one big gift each, on small gift each and their stockings. Of the cousins in our family, Jake is the oldest, and my Brother and Sister in-law adore him, and will admit they loved to spoil him when he was little. They have always done his Christmas eve box and did one for Brock last year too. I took on the role of doing one for my nephew, so this has been an assignment I have been working on. He will also get a bigger gift from me, and a smaller one. 
I also thought I would share how I put together a Christmas Eve box, because on a Christmas group I’m on, a frequent question is “what do you put in the box/stockings?” (I’ll cover stockings at some point too). 
The Christmas Eve box, you keep it simple, and honestly kind of practical. 
PJ’s are typically the base of one of these boxes
A book. Some people like a movie, but I find Christmas eve can be hectic, so a little quite time with a book VS a movie is a good idea
A treat, I got my nephew puffs last year, I need to figure out what I will do this year. I think I may have put in Hot Chocolate packets for everyone too.
An ornament. I just like doing this one, I’m sure my nephew will learn over the years how much his crazy Auntie loves Christmas, so an ornament from me feels like a special gift to give him. Not to mention last year was his first Christmas, and it was really cool he and Brock have the same baby’s first Christmas ornament. 
So I think this is enough of my gushing with excitement for one post!
-Mama Bear Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...