Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 8

 Halloween is well underway in our house. The Decorations have been up for a while, because of Jake’s declaration of love for Halloween. I embraced it, and have decorated and been watching Halloween movies (I have watched Nightmare Before Christmas 3.5 times already). What I’m really focusing on now is getting everything else ready and figuring out what I need to still do. 
Cale covers the treats, so it’s one less thing for me to think about. I got lucky a couple months back and found some one selling a paw patrol costume online for cheap. Let me stress, I am not a mom who will pick her kid’s costume. I asked Jake what he wanted to be for Halloween, and he DID tell me Spider-man…again. I said ok, cool, I just found a chase costume, and he suddenly wanted to be Chase. I would have let it go. I did however stress, if we wasn’t 100% sure, to tell me now. I’m also not one of those moms who will change the costume last minute, when we pick, that is the final answer. So we’ve got the costume. I still need to grab some brown makeup to put his little nose (I’m saying this in a totally cutesy voice). As for Brock, our rule is, if you can’t walk to the door yourself, you don’t go Trick-or-Treating. So our little skeleton stays at home (he also can’t tell me what he wants to be, so until then, hand-me-downs). 
If I’m being completely honest, the other step for my planning includes the most efficient way to tear everything down at about 9pm. Last year after our Halloween festivities were complete, I came home and put on my Christmas socks. I mean business.
-Mama Bear Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...