Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Planning A Matheson Family Christmas Post #12 Remembrance Day

 

          I  am 100% some one who gets started on Christmas as early as possible, and yes before Remembrance Day. That said, I pause and take in a Remembrance Day ceremony. I don't mind decorating prior to Remembrance day, because we recognize people who sacrificed for our freedom. I am free to decorate when I choose, and I am just as capable of recognizing those sacrifices by thr glow of Christmas lights.

          It's not easy to explain Remembrance Day to a 2.5 year old. I found it especially hard to do this year, because we didn't have as much freedom as we normally do, but I tried. I told Jake, on Remembrance day, we take time to remember people who gave things up, so we can live a happy life. I don't know if he retained that, but I figured it was the simplest way for him to possibly grasp. 

          The Ceremonies seem to get to me emotionally more every year. How I will react today? No idea, but I tend to appreciate the sacrifices made more and more each year. I think of mothers whose sons went off to war and hold mine a little tighter. 

           Lest We Forget 

            Nancy, Cale, Jake, Brock and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...