Monday, August 2, 2021

Goodbye Baby Phase

The baby phase is almost over. An app I have was kind enough to tell me this recently. Letting go has always been an issue for me. Jake growing up has been a mixed bag so far. Part of me loves it. I like seeing him develop opinions, and there are so many things that are more fun with him as he grows. But then I miss the little round butterball. And now as we’re on the verge of toddlerhood once again I am once again in the mixed bag, but with a different approach. 
If I’m being honest, I have spent too much time missing the baby days. When I drop Jake off at the sitter, he often tells me, “Mommy, I’m going to miss you “. My response is often (unless he tells me not to say it) is, “Don’t miss me too much, or you’ll miss the fun”. I think I’ve been missing some of the fun. 
Brock’s baby phase has been fun, and honestly, a bit easier than our first round (nothing to do with the kid, to do with our experience). But I’m also looking forward to watching him grow and change. I’ll be spending this week preparing for a first birthday party, and while I’m planning to embrace the growth, I expect some emotional moments. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...