Friday, May 28, 2021

My Checklist for the Boys Summer Wardrobe


The days are gone when I had a huge stockpile of clothes for Jake. I remember there was a time when I had these totes of clothes that had been bought for him as shower gifts and such and I filled in the blanks basically. With Brock I kept the clothes Jake wore so for the most part we’ve been covered. But where Jake was born in the Winter, and Brock was born in the Summer, we have run into the first time that this has been an issue. All the Summer clothes that we have from Jake are either way too small or way too big. So, we actually had to figure out a summer wardrobe for both boys this year. I have a system in my head that I sort of had mentally put together for piecing together Jake’s wardrobe. He does not go through sizes like he used to, that’s for sure. So, I thought I would share the wardrobe checklist I have for the boys for the Summer. I try and keep it minimal, so I don’t get overwhelmed, but not so much that I have to do laundry very day of the week (though it still feels like we do). This is basically we do laundry on the weekend, and maybe a load or two during the week.
Shoes: 1-2 Pairs of sneakers*
1 Pair of Sandals
1 Pair of Water shoes*
1 Pair of Rubber boots *
The *’s mean just Jake. Brock isn’t walking yet, so shoes aren’t that important. While he does have sneakers, and a pair of sandals, we had them already, and I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to get them for him.  Jake, we currently have 1 pair of sneakers, and may need a second. Water shoes just make sprinkler time, pool time and time at the beach easier. Sandals are great for when we’re out running errands. And of course, “If you jump in muddy puddles, you must wear your boots”.

Bottoms: 2 Pairs of Jeans
   5 Pairs of shorts
I know when I was a kid, I lived in shorts in the summer. The only time Jake didn’t wear shorts last year was a bon fire, and that’s mostly what the jeans are for. 5 Pairs of shorts with a wash in the middle of the week is more than enough for Jake. That said it would have been for Jake when he was younger too, but Brock is far messier, we’ll see how he does. 

Tops: 5 T-shirts
3 Tank tops *
2 Hoodies
I only really worried about tanks for Jake because we have t-shirts (bodysuits) coming out of our ears for Brock. I did however find him a little one-piece outfit that’s sleeveless and adorable on him (he wore it yesterday). The hoodies are for cooler evenings, or bon fires.

2 Hats each
14 Pairs of Socks and Underwear*. Obviously, underwear is just Jake.
Sunglasses. Jake only started to like them in the last year, and Brock hates his, so…
4 Pairs of PJ’s. Unless they heavily sweat, or wet their PJ’s, honestly, I have no problem with them wearing them two nights in a row. So, 4 is a good number.
2 Swimsuits


And that’s about it. As I mentioned, Brock has way more t-shirts than listed, and Jake has more shorts because he got more from others last year. What seems to have happened is Jake is still able to sport last year’s shorts. They fit his waist, and they are slightly shorter, but not enough he can’t wear them again. I was so happy when I discovered this. I would think if this changes we’ll be into some major clearance sales. 

This may seem like over thinking it to some, but this little formula has saved me money and put me at ease because I’m not worried if they have enough. I also know what every article of clothing they own looks like, so if something is missing, I can typically find it easily. 

Mama Bear Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...