Friday, November 27, 2020

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post #16 Covid Christmas Curve ball


          I remember back in April, when families couldn't be together for Easter, and everyone said, I hope this doesn't happen for Christmas. When we had Thanksgiving, there was hope. But now due to stupidity and arrogance (I call it as I see it), it's looking like this will be happening for Christmas. Legit last night, the Atlantic bubble burst, and we have a  14 day isolation period again. 

          While I'm angry about that stupidity and arrogance, I remember what I said back then too when people said it would ruin Christmas. Covid has shut down the world, it is not powerful enough to shut down Christmas. It can only reshape it. The last time we didn't have guests, was the year before we brought Alice home. So, I'm sitting here today figuring out what I as a result of these changes, I need to adjust. I will need to wrap and send any gifts for people who were coming. I also need to re assess food. The plan was my uncle was going to cover Christmas eve, and my mother in-law was doing Christmas breakfast. 

          We'll also be doing more video chats. You can't stop Christmas, just change it.

          K, Luv Ya, Bye 
   
          Nancy,Cale, Jake, Brock and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...