Friday, August 28, 2020

Ode to Nana

           

           About a week before Brock was born, "Nana" has been staying with us, and has played a vital role in our day to day lives. The last week of my pregnancy we had a couple of unscheduled hospital visits. There was no stress because we could just leave Jake with her. Same can be said for when we went to deliver. I was more stressed leaving the dog when we delivered Jake (no offense Scott) than I was leaving Jake to have Brock. 

            Then of course there was coming home. Cale and I exhausted caring for this tiny person and ALL the newborn appointments. Still no stress, Jake was with Nana. We're not drowning in laundry or piles of dishes, because Nana is handling it. I'm not messing meals because Nana is getting in her Brock snuggles. Also, Nana is doing the cooking, so everyone is still clothed, fed, and bathed, because Nana is doing Jake's baths too. She also is putting him to bed 75% of the time.

           Alice is also getting her exercise and seems happy and content. Nana has been a life saver, and I hope she knows how much we have appreciated her being with us. As of Sunday, the playing field is getting leveled. Nana goes home, and get some much needed and deserved rest. Nana has made it so we can transition into parents of two easier and leaves us confident to face this head on. 

            Thank you Nana 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...