Monday, July 15, 2019

Can a Book Change Your Life?

       
 Did you ever read a book and have it change your life? I mean I've heard of people getting super dramatic and saying "OMG, THIS BOOK CHANGED MY LIFE"...but how much authenticity is there in that, REALLY?  And when it changes your life does it change all aspects or just one part?

         Clearly I'm going somewhere with this, I have a book that just hit me in the right place of my life that it has impacted several. The book (which on my old blog I believe I wrote a report on) was Grace, not perfection, and it's like this book gave me permission to step back and be okay with the fact that maybe my kitchen table has become a catch all area, except the end we eat at. BUT, my kid is happy, and the mess can wait because I only have so much time with my family in a day, and clutter isn't taking away from that time.

           It sounds so simple right? Like, why the hell did I need a book that was on clearance to give me this permission? Because things like Pinterest took it away. I am a self proclaimed Pinterest addict, and believe me, that's not going to change, how I approach it has. You know last Christmas I was looking at pins of Christmas home tours and thinking I would love to do that...NO I FREAKING WOULDN'T! The people I like to host are people who don't want to come and look at my house, they want to authentically come and visit with my family. Those tour homes are pretty, but I think I would rather have toilet paper roll Angel's made by Jake hanging around.

        The truth is, this book would have been so handy as a new mom, and allowed me to enjoy it more instead of getting overwhelmed...often.

        So can a book change your life? Maybe, if it touches the right part, it can send a ripple effect.

K, Luv Ya, Bye!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...