Sunday, September 26, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 6

(This was me trying to get a nice pic prior to heading out

With Thanksgiving as close as it is, and we’re hosting for Christmas, travel and guests are something I like to tackle early. I am a major list maker, as such I have made lists of the things I need to pack and prep for, for our travels for Thanksgiving. When I plan this ahead of time, it gives me the time to look at potential things that might need tweaking, or how to simplify things on the list. 
Meanwhile I also need to look into Christmas. Since the kids were born, it’s a safe bet that we will have a good portion of the family staying with us. This means, I need to confirm all who are coming, and try and figure out accommodations for them. It could mean doubling up the kids, or picking up an air mattress. 
We’re not in this situation, but it could also mean you need to book a flight. I have no idea what the flying situation looks like these days, but I expect it’s more complicated than ever. 
And then there is the part we had to adapt to last year, and that’s travel restrictions holding us back from getting to travel. Last year was a curve ball when our family couldn’t come. There was a lot more to do, and I think Jake really missed everyone (Brock didn’t notice because he was four months old). I’m keeping that in my back pocket for sure. 
So these are the things I’ve been working on. I’ll catch you next time. 

-Mama Bear Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...