Friday, May 14, 2021

5 Minute Morning Skin



Once upon a time, I used to have a makeup and skin care collection, and I blogged about it frequently. When I became a mom, I had nothing to do with either, until I just kind of needed it. They fall into the self-care category, so yes, I still needed this, but what I wanted out of my products changed.  I went from a collection of products to wanting like 5 things that cover my bases, and that I could do quickly. Typically, my morning skin care routine gets 5 min. I can plop the kids in front of the wiggles and go. I thought it would be fun to share what I do, and what I use. 

Cleansing consists of a few quick swipes with Bioderma Hydrobio micellar water. I have used this for years now, and I even had it in my hospital bag when Brock was born, it was really nice to feel a little cleaner when I couldn’t get out of bed.
I follow it up with COSARx snail mucin. This was inexpensive and gives me some nice moisture for my dry skin. I always apply to my nose first; I can neglect my nose area if I do not and if I do happen to wear makeup it doesn’t always sit nicely if I haven’t taken good care of my nose area. When I apply it to the rest of my face, I use a jade roller. I do notice a difference in my skin when I use this, it seems to iron out puffiness, and to a slight extent, wrinkles too. 

I chuck on a lip balm and it’s either blistex, or Rosebud salve. Both are staples, but the Rosebud also doubles as a cuticle moisturizer. 
The eye cream I was pleasantly surprised with was, Avene physio lift eye cream. It’s a little thicker so it gives some good nourishment to my eyes, and it does help lines, and puffiness. 
Finally I wrap everything up with aveeno positively radiant moisturizer with spf 30. I walked away from this product years ago, and I have been looking for a good moisturizer/ spf. I ran out of an spf and honestly it did nothing for moisture, but I just grabbed the aveeno out of necessity. I’m not sure why I walked away. It gives me my moisture and doesn’t feel heavy. 
If I get to put makeup on that day, it comes next, but most days, this is it. Quick, and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...