Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post #21 Baking


           Jake and I tackled the baking over the weekend. We made our sugar cookies and made sure we put some in the freezer for Santa. Over the years I have reduced how much baking I do, mostly because I'm no baker. But these came out great, and we had a lot of fun. So much so, we want to do more.

            To make it more of a fun activity and not a headache I made the dough by myself, and had it ready. This left the job of the cookie cutter to Jake, who favors the Christmas tree cutter. Then we decorated the cookies. I had bought a shaker of about 6 different sprinkles and put a little of each in an ice cube tray. I bought our frosting and made a little bit of green. I gave the tray to Jake and spread the icing on for him, then he just went to town. He wasn't as into decorating, but we kept everything simple and brief, that was key.

        This weekend we want to make gingerbread cookies, wish us luck.

        K,Luv Ya, Bye 

        Nancy,Cale, Jake, Brock and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...