Thursday, September 23, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post 4

I don’t know how you feel about the saying, “In these unprecedented times”, but I kind of hate it at this point. Unfortunately it’s accurate, so it complicates things when trying to plan things. We got a wrench thrown in the works last year when the boarder between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick got closed, and I was left having to run around. That said, I’ve been looking at planning for Thanksgiving. I know I have some people reading this post who are not from Canada, so let me explain for us it’s October 11th this year. The province I live in has had quite a few more cases as of late (this is something I could get into a major rant about, but I will avoid that today). The plan is to be together with my in-laws, but I’m setting up a backup plan here. 
 We have the decorations covered (see the last post), so really it would be food and travel we’re planning for. I expect we’ll see some Turkey sales on soon, so I’m keeping my eyes open. I’m planning for two scenarios, if we get stuck home, and if we get to see family.
 Traveling with two kids, that takes planning alone, but there are other scenarios here. I have heard about long lines at the checkpoint between the two provinces. That begs the question, when do we leave? I’m honestly thinking a super early morning might be in order, but these are the ideas we’re focusing on at the moment.
 What are you Thanksgiving plans? I feel like unless you force yourself to look at them earlier, with how early it is in October, it becomes a mad scramble. 

-Mama Bear Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...