Wednesday, July 14, 2021

If You Can't Take The Heat...

I hate the heat. I will frequently say in the summer “It’s too freakin hot”. Some one always says, wait until February when we’re all freezing. I’m never freezing, and if I am, I can add layers on…please tell me what more I can remove and still be socially acceptable. 
No, I hate it. Know what I hate more, cooking in it, in my house, and making it hotter. I have no sweet clue how I went all last summer, WHILE PREGNANT, without using my BBQ. I mean I survived, but wow. AND after the baby was born I was terrified of the heat. I legit had bowls of ice in front of fans in the room I was sharing with my husband, my infant, and our walking furnace the dog. Have you heard the saying, “Cold babies cry, hot babies die”? I hadn’t until last summer, then it haunted me. 
Needless to say, Brock survived. But I swore up and down this would not happen again. This summer, I have done all I can to avoid using my stove. The oven has been used on days I would make Jake wear a jacket only. The burners, I’ve even avoided them. My slow cooker has dust on it, and that’s huge because in cooler months I use it multiple times a week. 
No, I have been grilling. Once upon a time, a tank of propane could last me the summer. We’ve refilled twice already. I have learned to cook meats, and vegetables. I have done pasta and rice on the BBQ. Basically I have tried to figure out every which way to avoid my kitchen. 
I’m curious though, what creative ways do you use your grill?
Let me know, I’m open to ideas. 
-Mama Bear Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...