Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Struggle We Don't Talk About

Y’know, there are a lot of aspects of parenthood that people talk about being a struggle, but there was one I experienced this week, that I feel like no one talks about much. I’m talking about the wardrobe change out. It’s not so bad now with Jake, because it does not happen often and it’s exciting now. I’m talking about when you’re trading out those little, tiny sleepers. 
I did struggle with it with Jake, but I reminded myself, “there is a 50/50 chance you will use these again”. And I did. Now I am packing them up, for good. 
When I’m emotionally stable I go through and pull-out items that I just can’t part with. These are things like the sleeper that was the first thing BOTH ever wore, the dinosaur outfit that was only ever Brock’s, or the outfit Cale picked out before Jake was born. 
Brock is also bigger than Jake was at this age. I assumed that Brock and Jake would have no overlap between their specific Winter or specific summer clothes. Jake’s birthday is in March, and Brock’s is in August. But that recently proved to be inaccurate. Brock got the switch over to 12m-18m. This was roughly what Jake was wearing in his second Summer, when he was almost a year and a half. Brock will be one next month. Do you see where I’m going with this?
The point is, not only is Brock growing fast on me, but he’s also faster than I’m prepared for. I have talked about this with my sister in-law, and I know that I’m not the only one struggling. So, share with me your stories. What was the hardest item to put away to never be worn again?
-Mama Bear Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...