Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Little Effort

           Between Winter and Covid, we don’t get out a lot. Something I wish wasn’t the case. But today we made an effort. 
          We went out to see the fishing huts today. The hope was originally to go out on the ice, but it was pretty soft today, so we watched from a far. It as simple, and yeah,  Jake likes boat season better, but I’m trying to keep it simple. 
           As parents, we seem to think there’s a level of extravagance required to be “doing it right”. I’m not saying those efforts aren’t apricated, but sometimes the reaction is less than expected. Not to mention, sometimes the big efforts come from the small things. I’m trying to make a conscious effort to get out and do stuff with the kids, and most of the time, I want to keep it simple. It keeps me sane, and makes it more likely we’re going to do something again. Putting full effort into outings 100% of the time would be exhausting. 
          Some of Jake’s favorite things take little to no effort, or money. Brock is happy when you talk to him. Our kids aren’t hard to please, we are.

          K, Luv Ya,Bye 
          Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...