Monday, January 11, 2021

Planning a Matheson Family Christmas Post #32 Planning for Next Year


           So, I won't be documenting the tear down. It puts more pressure on me and I feel like it has enough pressure. I will be taking my time and doing it at my own pace. I did get to take the ornaments and garland off both trees so far.

          So the other thing I started was planning for next year. I have a scratch pad for next year on the go. In it, I have started to map out next year's blog, some elf ideas. I also am making a shopping list of supplies. I know I need hooks, ribbons and pipe cleaners for next year. The most valuable tool is my shopping list. 

          I'm talking about the list of people I want to buy for next year and this is a valuable tool. Once a month, I make this list and write out gift ideas for next year. Doing this well in advance means a few things. 1, I could potentially get gifts started REALLY early. 2, I  am not scrambling when we get close to Christmas with no idea what to get that person. My first list has one gift for every adult (who are the hard ones to buy for), and 2-3 for all the kids (which is dangerous). 

             It's also good for things like making notes about how you packed, or where you packed items. And any random ideas I get through the year. This may sound like a lot, but it makes for a lot less next year. 

          K, Luv Ya, Bye 

          Nancy, Cale,Jake, Brock and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not getting a Puppy, and B isn't old enough

Oh....hey...yeah...I kind of bailed huh? Well I had to choose something that had to go for my own sanity, and apparently this wa...